The Pastor of Discipleship and Care reports directly to the Lead Pastor and serves on the Lead Team of the church.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Seminary preferred.
- 3+ years experience in pastoral ministry or equivalent experience.
- An articulated call to Pastoral Ministry.
- Evidence of effectiveness in preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Must embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and theology.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and conflict management skills
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with congregation, diverse individuals and teams
- Lead the Discipleship Team in implementing life-changing discipleship systems that reach new people and grow them into fully committed followers of Jesus.
- Supervise, develop, and equip the Director of Children’s Ministry, Director of Youth Ministry, Small Group Leaders, and all other discipleship program leaders.
- Work collaboratively with the Lead Pastor to ensure the mission and vision of the church is effectively communicated and lived out at all levels of the church.
- Continue growing the small group ministry through discovering new small group leaders, equipping them to lead, and releasing them to launch new groups.
- Outreach & Sending
- Oversee the Missions Team and steer them to live out the mission and vision of the church in our communities.
- Supervise and support the Events Coordinator as we seek to reach the community.
- Equip and empower the people of the church to use their gifts and abilities to further the Kingdom of God.
- Effectively communicate the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a relevant, engaging, and transformational way.
- Serve as a part of the Worship Planning Team to plan and develop creative ways to share the message of Jesus Christ.
- Work with the preaching team in developing and writing the weekly messages.
- Pastoral Care
- Lead the Pastoral Care Team in caring for and visiting shut-ins, the hospitalized, and those in need.
- Communicate with the Lead Pastor when an individual or family should be visited by the Lead Pastor.
- Be “on call” when pastoral care emergencies arise.
This summary is not comprehensive, but it is designed to give you an idea of what the church and position are about. Some position expectations will be determined based on candidate gifts, passions, experience, and skills.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our website to discover more about our church: www.lifehousefw.com